By default, they would not be thin provisioned.

Regards,
André M. Clark

On August 5, 2022 at 11:03:13, Timothy Naple via Toasters (
toasters@teaparty.net) wrote:

My first guess would be that you might somehow be retaining more snapshots
on the destination, perhaps at the volume level? snap list for all the
volumes is identical on source and destination? Does df -h on both sides
show which volumes, if any, have a size discrepancy?

Maybe a 2nd guess would be that the space guarantee settings are different
on the destination volumes.

------------------------------
*From:* Toasters <toasters-bounces@teaparty.net> on behalf of Heino Walther
<hw@beardmann.dk>
*Sent:* Friday, August 5, 2022 7:31 AM
*To:* toasters@teaparty.net <toasters@teaparty.net>
*Subject:* Space issues on older NetApp...

Hi there

We have two systems that mirror eachothers volumes via snapmirror.

We are talking 7mode ONTAP 8.1.4

The two systems have the same controller: FAS3240

They have the same disks and aggregate configuration (70TB aggregates)

On the source side we use volumes that are thin-provisioned with LUNs that
have space reservation enabled, the LUNs are mostly close to 16TB (which is
max)

All volumes are snapmirrored to volumes on the destination system with the
same size and placed on the same aggregates that mirror the source
aggregates in size…

The aggregates on the source are all below 95% used.

Yet.. we are now at the situation where a few destination aggregates are
100% full, while the source aggregates are still under 95% used…

I have checked almost everything, like aggregate snapshot reserves etc..
but they should be the same…

Can anyone explain why this can happen?

We are of cause at a “deadlock” now.. I don’t think we can add anymore
disks to the aggregates as they are max size…

The only think I can think of is either delete a volume from the affected
aggregates, and re-sync the volume and hope it doesn’t fill up again…

Another way would be to add disks and build a new aggregate, and move some
of the volumes…

Is there something I have missed? ????

/Heino