site, but wanted to check here before I attempt to do anything. . .

Thanks,

--Carl
Re: Bad Labels. . . [ In reply to ]
'When the sanitization process is complete, the specified disks are in a
sanitized state. You return the sanitized disks to the spare disk pool with
the disk sanitize release command.'

This is correct for hardware based disk ownership systems. For software
based ownership systems, the following additional steps are needed after
the disk sanitize release command is issued:

Run the following commands to make these disk spares:

priv set advanced
disk unfail -s <disk name>

Kb has more info.

https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Storage_Software/ONTAP_OS/Disks_are_not_owned_or_report_a_Bad_label_after_running_the_disk_sanitize_release_command