Mailing List Archive

[SPF:fail] RE: Re:
I don’t think there would be a 10TB snapshot. I think it would be just a few inode pointers that would change? It wouldn’t be too hard to test. Set up a small volume, dump a bunch of files in it, take a snapshot, then move the files to another folder. What’s the delta created?

Wayne

From: Toasters <toasters-bounces@teaparty.net> On Behalf Of Basil
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2021 10:51 AM
To: Scott Eno <cse@hey.com>
Cc: Toasters <toasters@teaparty.net>
Subject: Re:

CAUTION: This email is from an external source. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
Not from a position of experience, but if I had to hazard a guess, I think that deduplication would eventually cause all the blocks to be recognized and squished.