I see clear info in the NetApp docs on how to connect multiple shelves,
daisy chaining the shelves and returning the last shelf to the head.

But the docs are based on setting up a new system and I haven't found
anything on adding a shelf to a new system. Do I just move that return
cable to the new shelf? Will there be any interruption to services? What
else do I need to know?

Thanks,

Randy in Seattle

Re: adding a shelf to an AFF220 [ In reply to ]
Hey Randy

It’s exactly that. You take the return cable from the A side and connect it to the new shelf and the new shelf back to the controller. After this you see the new shelf single-pathed in the console. After that you do the same on the B side and you are multi-pathed all the way. I’ve done this dozens of times on live systems