Mailing List Archive

Snapshot policy disabled after clone creation
Hi there

We have volumes that have snapshot policies (and snapvault relations). Every time a clone of the volume is created (thin provisioned), the snapshot policy is disabled for some odd reason.
It then takes a few days for our monitoring system to pick up that something is wrong, we then enable the snapshot policy again, and it works again?
The snaphot policy is SVM based (I think you are also able to do cluster wide snapshots policies?)
But it?s quite annoying, and I was wondering if there were an option to stop this from happening?
This is on ONTAP 9.7P7 but has been like this for several versions on ONTAP.

/Heino