Alexander Griesser
Head of Systems Operations

ANEXIA Internetdienstleistungs GmbH

E-Mail: AGriesser@anexia-it.com<mailto:AGriesser@anexia-it.com>
Web: http://www.anexia-it.com<http://www.anexia-it.com/>

Anschrift Hauptsitz Klagenfurt: Feldkirchnerstra?e 140, 9020 Klagenfurt
Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Alexander Windbichler
Firmenbuch: FN 289918a | Gerichtsstand: Klagenfurt | UID-Nummer: AT U63216601
Re: Move fabric pool enabled aggregate to new disks [ In reply to ]
Hi Alexander,

if you are on ONTAP 9.6+ and you want to use the same S3 bucket with your
new disks, vol move will only move the hot data to the new aggregates. The
cold data will remain on the cloud tier.
just take a look at this KB:
https://kb.netapp.com/Advice_and_Troubleshooting/Data_Storage_Software/ONTAP_OS/Why_does_volume_move_copy_cloud_tiered_data_on_releases_9.6_and_above

best regards
Tim