Last time we used 7MTT to do the migrations.. is there similar tool for cluster mode migrations?

br,
sk

SV: 2node system, migration to a new box? [ In reply to ]
Jo Sami

You would need to add your new cluster into your existing cluster.
You can only do this with cluster switches. (I think you can do this with just about any 10G switch)
Personally I use NetApp CN1610 switches which is just Cisco Nexus swtches?

There is a procedure of how you go from your existing ?switchless? cluster to a ?switched cluster?, and back again? (no down time)
When the two clusters are connected, you can move your volume and LIFs onto your new cluster nodes? once all data and LIFS have been migrated, you can remove the two old nodes from the cluster and convert back to switchless cluster.

You should be able to do all this without any down time.

If you only want to swap the heads and not the disks, you should also be able to do a ?headswap? procedure? again without any down time?. (netapp has a procedure for this as well)

/Heino