Mailing List Archive

RE: Runaway FlexGroup constituent
That is some pretty wild imbalance.

Got a case open? Or at least a serial number for the cluster?

From: Scott Eno <cse@hey.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2020 9:05 PM
To: NGC-tnaple-berkcom.com <tnaple@berkcom.com>; Toasters <toasters@teaparty.net>
Subject: Re: Runaway FlexGroup constituent

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the link! It looks as if this bug wasn’t fixed until 9.7 so it very well could be what I’m hitting.
On December 18, 2020, Timothy Naple <tnaple@berkcom.com<mailto:tnaple@berkcom.com>> wrote:
Scott,

It is hard to say because this does not specifically mention 9.6P5 but I wonder if you might be running into this bug:

https://mysupport.netapp.com/site/bugs-online/product/ONTAP/BURT/1262593

I am using FlexGroups quite a bit (mostly nfs, but some cifs) and I have not seen this sort of imbalance. I also wonder if something temporary is happening on the filesystem like some sort of large backup file being written. In theory elastic sizing would cover for it as long as autogrow is off, but I am not sure I would want to get to 99% capacity on that one member to test that theory!

Thank you,
Tim