Mailing List Archive

Re:
Florian,
On upgrade you will see newly created custom policies. From my
understanding service policies will replace both roles and firewall
policies. However at this point (and I could be slightly incorrect) both
the firewall policy and service policy will apply. I've done numerous
upgrades and have not had to pre create these policies. You may however
want/need to clean these policies up later.
EG:
custom-data-29990 data-core: 0.0.0.0/0
data-cifs: 0.0.0.0/0
management-portmap: 0.0.0.0/0

default-data-blocks data-core: 0.0.0.0/0
data-iscsi: 0.0.0.0/0

default-data-files data-core: 0.0.0.0/0
data-cifs: 0.0.0.0/0

default-management data-core: 0.0.0.0/0
management-ssh: 0.0.0.0/0
management-https: 0.0.0.0/0

This is yet another gripe on netapp making yet another option for lifs. If
Netapp is listening, remove complexity dont add more. What did service
policies offer vs roles and firewall policies?

As with any upgrade, you should have a test environment to see exactly what
is happening (maybe an old FAS2554?).

Thanks!
Douglas