Mailing List Archive

Config Advisor 6.1 Misleading Information?
Hey there,

we just deployed CA 6.1 and had it running against some of our clusters.
Some of the findings here are "interesting", f.ex.:

Warning:
A minimum of 2 Cluster LIFs should be configured and active.
This storage appliance has 0 cluster LIFs defined but only 0 is active. Cluster Interconnect Bandwidth is compromised and cluster LIF redundancy is unavailable.

vs:
CLUSTER::> net int show -role cluster
(network interface show)
Logical Status Network Current Current Is
Vserver Interface Admin/Oper Address/Mask Node Port Home
----------- ---------- ---------- ------------------ ------------- ------- ----
Cluster
Node1_clus1 up/up 169.254.221.243/16 node1 e0a true
Node1_clus2 up/up 169.254.71.9/16 node1 e0b true
Node2_clus1
up/up 169.254.111.202/16 node2 e0a true
node2_clus2
up/up 169.254.213.249/16 node2 e0b true
4 entries were displayed.

What exactly is it checking here? Do I need to assign a new flag to those LIFs in order for CA to recognize them properly?

Informational:
Thin provisioning features are not enabled.
Thin Provisioning features are not enabled on following volumes: node1:node1_root Until "Volume Guarantees" are removed, thin provisioning is not enabled, therefore storage efficiency cannot be guaranteed.

Vs:
https://library.netapp.com/ecmdocs/ECMP1196981/html/GUID-38F008C4-3CAA-4C81-954D-C7B00EDC7A5D.html
"You should not use thin provisioning for root volumes."

Informational:
The node is configured as a single node cluster and is not saving configuration backups remotely.
Single node cluster configurations should save backup configuration files remotely to allow for recovery in the event of a node/root volume failure. In the event of a node failure, the cluster configuration will not be able to be recovered.

Vs:
CLUSTER::> cluster show
Node Health Eligibility
--------------------- ------- ------------
Node1 true true
Node2 true true
2 entries were displayed.
-> It also failed to recognize a two-node cluster, is there a flag it checks which I missed to set?

Anyone else experiencing issues like these?

Thanks,

Alexander Griesser
Head of Systems Operations

ANEXIA Internetdienstleistungs GmbH

E-Mail: AGriesser@anexia-it.com<mailto:AGriesser@anexia-it.com>
Web: http://www.anexia-it.com<http://www.anexia-it.com/>

Anschrift Hauptsitz Klagenfurt: Feldkirchnerstra?e 140, 9020 Klagenfurt
Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Alexander Windbichler
Firmenbuch: FN 289918a | Gerichtsstand: Klagenfurt | UID-Nummer: AT U63216601
Re: Config Advisor 6.1 Misleading Information? [ In reply to ]
I found 6.x too buggy
Went back to 5.8.1