If you have a chance, go attend this conference and watch this
presentation.

John

RE: Netapp Insight Virtual [ In reply to ]
I'm glad it was helpful! I could have gone on for two or three hours on the topic.

I really can't emphasize enough how often we see situations devolve into solving nonexistent problems. I think it's mostly because all-flash changed things so much. Back in the days of spinning drives, storage performance was almost always a problem, and there were almost always real benefits from trying to tune things a little better.

That's occasionally true for all-flash, but on the whole the problem shifted from "how can I make storage go faster?" to "what exactly do I need in the first place?"