Mailing List Archive

volume statistics
Back in the day, I used to be able to run:

statistics show -vserver ${vserver} -object volume -raw true -counter
read_ops|write_ops|other_ops|read_data|write_data

and get back counters of total reads/writes/etc going back to either when
the filer was last booted, or the volume was moved from one filer to
another.

looks like nowadays in ontap9 you are supposed to turn on statistics
collection for some period of time, then stop it, and then inspect that
collection run. which is great and all, but all I want is the total
number of reads or writes to a volume, not for a specific period of time,
but overall.

are these basic counters buried somewhere still in ontap9?