Mailing List Archive

quota report -x sucks on 8.x 7-mode
Sigh... I've just about had it upto hear in parsing the output of old
7-mode filer commands. Especially for CIFS shares or quotas where you
have spaces in the username, qtree, or both. Holy crap is it hard to
deal with.

Anyone have perl code (sorry, I'm so retro in my scripting choices!
;-) using the Netapp SDK to grab this info in a more consistent
manner? And using which SDK? I've tried with an old 5.1 version I
had kicking around, but the examples suck.

Just downloaded the 9.6 and 9.3 SDKs to play with as well, but haven't
cracked them open quite yet.

It's trivial (sorta) with cDot to just export the data in CSV format
natively, but old 7-mode filers are a pain to parse reliably.

I'd post my existing perl code, but it's pretty ugly since I've
started to hack my way into doing parsing, and it's just not going as
well as I hoped. LOL.

Thanks for letting me vent.
John