it is getting failed since package is not there in the system repository...

cluster image package show-repository (this commands also does not show
anything...)

so do I need to enter below command to push the 9.5p6 package into
repository...

cluster image package get -url mroot/etc/software/9.5p6_q_image.tgz

Regards
raj
Re: small query reg upgrade from 9.4p1 to 9.5p6 C-Mode [ In reply to ]
Raj -

My usual practice is to obtain the image from an http/https server. Download something like xammp (Apache LAMP stack) and install it on your laptop/desktop then drop the ONTAP package into the docroot for the built in web server, start the http/https service and use the “-get” with http{s}://<your_ip>/<ONTAP_version.tgz

This method makes it really easy to upload new disk qual files, firmware, etc. as well.

Best of luck to you!

Anthony Bar
650.207.5368<tel:650.207.5368>
tbar@berkcom.com<mailto:tbar@berkcom.com>
www.berkcom.com<http://www.berkcom.com/>

I have uploaded 9.5p6 software to the path /mroot/etc/software/ ... Manually(using system shell), in both the nodes

so now would like to validate the version with below command...

cluster image validate -version 9.5p6

AW: small query reg upgrade from 9.4p1 to 9.5p6 C-Mode [ In reply to ]
I‘m using HFS here, works perfect

https://www.rejetto.com/hfs/

regards

Josef

Re: small query reg upgrade from 9.4p1 to 9.5p6 C-Mode [ In reply to ]
Since you are on 9.4+ you can also update from the GUI without a HTTP
server. There is a selection to upload through the browser or supply a URL.
You are trying to use a method that many of us have not used in years.

--tmac

*Tim McCarthy, **Principal Consultant*

*Proud Member of the #NetAppATeam <https://twitter.com/NetAppATeam>*

*I Blog at TMACsRack <https://tmacsrack.wordpress.com/>*

Re: small query reg upgrade from 9.4p1 to 9.5p6 C-Mode [ In reply to ]
Hi all,

i came accross one volume according upgrade advisor this TMP volume...and
found this ariticle..

https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1014402

so shall i make the export policy into readonly and make this volume has RW
? please any suggestion..

Regards
Yuvaraja