Mailing List Archive

Re: Continuously available CIFS
Another idea: since it's a SMB 3 connection, how about *multipathing*?
Supported since 9.4 on ONTAP... Appeared in System Manager in 9.5.

Have 2 LIFs on the usual node. Move them one after the other
nondisruptively to the other HA pair before an upgrade and back, when
you're done.

Should be completely non-disruptive to the connection/session, or what do
you think, Justin?

Greetings from Northfriesland

Sebastian