just would like to know which is more beneficiaries either using OCUM or
Zenoss tool for monitoring..

aiming to configure only netapp storage(C-Mode) not for heterogeneous
storage's

Please let us know if anyone's knows more about it, as I am new to Zenoss
monitoring Tool.

Regards
Yuvaraja
Re: would like to know the prons and cons between OCUM And Zenoss Monitoring tool [ In reply to ]
we have both in useocum (plus grafana, which is great), because its
from netapp.zenoss, because that is our main monitoring-system.
we had severe troubles with zenoss, eg.* whole monitoring suffered from
single monitored systems being sometimes unresponsive. there seems to
be a queue in zenoss and if something blocks, all checks afterwards get
into trouble.* updating was a real pain * zenpack for netapp was not
worth it, had troubles to check systems with several thousand
qtrees,...
yoursjosef

Re: would like to know the prons and cons between OCUM And Zenoss Monitoring tool [ In reply to ]
If I can add a wildcard to the mix, I use LogicMonitor for my NetApp health/performance monitoring and I'm very happy with it. Lots of pretty graphs and data correlation and you can pull the raw data via API if you want to do something with it locally. It's an expensive service, but IMO worth it.

[...]

<mailto:Toasters@teaparty.net>

Toasters@teaparty.net

<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/hLPLC4xvYxtzl1NnuOZAl_?domain=teaparty.net>

This may contain confidential material. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, delete immediately, and understand that no disclosure or reliance on the information herein is permitted. Hachette Book Group may monitor email to and from our network.

Re: would like to know the prons and cons between OCUM And Zenoss Monitoring tool [ In reply to ]
Sorry for veering off-topic but I?ll second LogicMonitor. We?ve used it happily for years. While it can be pricey on the whole, you pay per monitored host (IP) so you get a heck of a lot of performance data by pointing at a single Cluster mgmt LIF. You also get outstanding value by monitoring a single Xen pool master or vSphere vCenter server where you get plenty of data on the entire hypervisor resource pool and guests.

Re: would like to know the prons and cons between OCUM And Zenoss Monitoring tool [ In reply to ]
OCUM will do a lot out of the box while the main advantage of zenoss is
going to be the ability to customize any kind of monitoring you want and
hte single pane. In this case I would use OCUM unless you plan to spend a
lot of time looking up things like what OID does what and creating custom
graphs.