Mailing List Archive

[no subject]
[no subject] [ In reply to ]
Re: ONTAP 9.5RC1 and quota enforcement in flexgroups [ In reply to ]
And.... what was your error? Share the pain please?

Mark> From: "Allen, Mark A" <maallen@lanl.gov>
Mark> To: "toasters@teaparty.net" <toasters@teaparty.net>
Mark> Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 23:01:39 +0000
Mark> Subject:

Mark> Never mind! User error, user and tree quotas working as expected in flexgroup running 95RC1

Mark> Mark

Mark> -----------------------------------

Mark> Toasters,

Mark> I have a qtree for home directories in a FlexGroup. I’m testing 9.5RC1 quota enforcement and
Mark> seeing mixed results.

Mark> The tree type quota rule is enforced.

Mark> But, the user type quota rules are not.

Mark> Both default and userid specific user quotas are not enforced. The commands below are accepted
Mark> without error and I see the disk limits in volume quota policy rule show and volume quota report.
Mark> But, when I rsync a file over usage exceeds the limit. Any ideas?

Mark> volume quota policy rule modify -vserver data -policy-name y_users -volume y_users_fg1 -type user
Mark> -target "" -qtree users -disk-limit 3g

Mark> volume quota resize…

Mark> volume quota policy rule create -vserver data -policy-name y_users -volume y_users_fg1 -type user
Mark> -target 12345 -qtree users -disk-limit 3g

Mark> volume quota off/on…

Mark> Mark

Mark> _______________________________________________
Mark> Toasters mailing list
Mark> Toasters@teaparty.net

[no subject] [ In reply to ]
Re: ONTAP 9.5RC1 and quota enforcement in flexgroups [ In reply to ]
Mark> I believe it was a case of running volume quota resize rather
Mark> than volume quota off/on. I also now include -foreground true to
Mark> ensure the quota initialization is complete before I test.

That makes alot more sense now. cDOT is great stuff but sometimes it
throws a curve ball...

John
Re: ONTAP 9.5RC1 and quota enforcement in flexgroups [ In reply to ]
Gents -

Don’t forget that 9.5RC1 is the first release with FG quota enforcement as well — it’s bound to improve when it goes GA & through P releases. Keep the feedback coming as you run into issues — they can’t fix what they don’t know is broken.

BTW, Happy Holidays & New Years everyone — let’s all have a toast to the toasters!

Anthony Bar
650.207.5368<tel:650.207.5368>
tbar@berkcom.com<mailto:tbar@berkcom.com>
Berkeley Communications