and anyone has good doc for the same..

Regards
Yuvaraj
AW: Regarding Configuration of NVE and NSE ...encryption in cmode [ In reply to ]
Hi Yuvaraj,

read the NetApp Encryption Power Guide, it includes everything needed to configure NVE/NSE:
http://docs.netapp.com/ontap-9/topic/com.netapp.doc.pow-nve/home.html?cp=13_2

Regarding performance with NVE, some older numbers I know of:
With an AFF8040 you have around 10-15% performance impact, with an AFF8080 it’s only around 0-5%.
So it depends on your system but in general it’s negligible with all-flash systems. With spinning disks of course the disk will be the bottleneck.
Also: more cores --> less impact on your workload.

For NVE you also need a CPU which supports the AES-NI extension, so check the specs.

You can use an onboard OKM or external key management with KMIP (since ONTAP 9.3).
With the OKM: I’m not aware that the volume encryption keys would use up any noticeable space. I think they’re saved somewhere inside the VLDB (volume database) of WAFL, so in the metadata area.

As for NSE: Never used it myself but according to some colleagues the impact should be minor. But this info is from some years ago, maybe current SSD have a higher impact with NSE.

Imo: If storage encryption is not required, use NVE, you’re more flexible and with current systems you usually notice no impact.

Best regards
Oliver