Mailing List Archive

FLI & Windows Clusters
Hi All,

We have been using Foreign LUN Import to migrate 3rd party storage systems into CDOT.
So far, we have been shutting down servers to perform the cutover.

However we are now due to migrate some multiple node SQL clusters and looking at the possibility of using windows failover cluster manager to make these migrations non-disruptive.

i.e.
Failover node 1 resources to node 2
FLI node 1 LUN's & re-zone
Failover node 2 resources to node 1
FLI node 2 LUN's & re-zone

We are worried that if we fail over each windows node, migrate it's disks using FLI and change the zoning. When we failover the next node which still has direct access to the 3rd party storage, any writes made will not go through the LUN import relationship on CDOT and potentially cause corruption.

Can anyone offer any advice on this?

Many Thanks,
Chris.

This email is being sent by a subsidiary of Arthur J. Gallagher Holdings (UK) Limited, part of the Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. global group of companies. For details of the registered office, company number and, where applicable, regulated status of our subsidiaries, please visit https://www.ajginternational.com/legal-regulatory-information/.

We are the data controller of any personal information you provide to us or personal information that has been provided to us by a third party. We collect and process information about you in order to arrange insurance policies and to process claims. Your information is also used for business purposes such as fraud prevention and detection and financial management. This may involve sharing your information with third parties such as insurers, reinsurers, other brokers, claims handlers, loss adjusters, credit reference agencies, service providers, professional advisors, our regulators, police and government agencies or fraud prevention agencies.

We may record telephone calls to help us monitor and improve the service we provide. For further information on how your information is used and your rights in relation to your information please see our privacy notice at https://www.ajginternational.com/Privacy-Policy/. If you are providing personal data of another individual to us, you must tell them you are providing their information to us and show them a copy of this notice.

Where you are obtaining a non-consumer policy of (re)insurance, or cover for additional risks or renewal under an existing policy, you are required to make a fair presentation of the risk to a (re)insurer which discloses every material circumstance which you know or ought to know relating to the risk to be insured. A circumstance is material if it would influence the judgment of a prudent insurer in determining whether to provide insurance for the risk and, if so, on what terms. Disclosure must be reasonably clear and accessible to a prudent insurer and made in good faith. The aforementioned duty of disclosure is the applicable duty under the laws of England and Wales. If your policy is not subject to English law you are expected to disclose risk information in accordance with the requirements of the applicable law. In such circumstances we expect you will disclose risk information at least equal to the standard required under English law and where the applicable law requires you to disclose information over and above the level required under English law you will provide such information in accordance with that law.

Where you are obtaining a consumer policy of insurance, you must read each question and answer honestly and fully and must take reasonable care to not make a misrepresentation.

Failure to comply with the above disclosure requirements, as they apply to you, could mean that your policy of (re)insurance is void, its terms are materially altered or that (re)insurers are not liable to pay all or part of your claim(s). If you are in any doubt as to your obligations you should ask your usual contact.

This e-mail and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail message, please telephone or e-mail us immediately, delete this message from your system and do not read, copy, distribute, disclose or otherwise use this e-mail message and any attachments. Although the above company has taken reasonable precautions to ensure this e-mail and any attachments are free of any virus or other defect that may affect your computer, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and the above company does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.

Re: FLI & Windows Clusters [ In reply to ]
Won’t work. Once FLI is started, all access from host must go via NetApp. Accessing source directly will result in data corruption.

At the end it is near to impossible to move to different storage brand without downtime. Ideally you use host based volume manager, but it is probably out of question in the case. So you can only try to keep downtime as short as possible.

?????????? ? iPhone

10 ???. 2018 ?., ? 19:08, Chris Hague <Chris_Hague@ajg.com<mailto:Chris_Hague@ajg.com>> ???????(?):