"An incident was generated by localhost that requires your attention"

Regards

Yuvaraj
Re: Ocum alerts showing as Localhost instead of Ocum Name [ In reply to ]
Have you defines a hostname on the machine?

?? with my ????!

Re: Ocum alerts showing as Localhost instead of Ocum Name [ In reply to ]
Hi Blake,

we have installed oncommand appliance on VM, so hostname need to be
configured on VM sphere end ?

Regards
Yuvaraja

Re: Ocum alerts showing as Localhost instead of Ocum Name [ In reply to ]
I had this problem too, you have to apply a fix for this to the VM
images... I can't find my notes on this now, but it's a known issue.
Try googling it...

https://community.netapp.com/t5/OnCommand-Storage-Management-Software-Discussions/OCUM-7-0RC1-Invalid-links-in-Email-Alert/td-p/122033/page/2

https://kb.netapp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1005197/~/oncommand-unified-manager-alert-notifications-reflect-server-names-as-localhost

Either of these should fxi things for you.

John

Yuvaraja> we have installed oncommand appliance on VM, so hostname
Yuvaraja> need to be configured on VM sphere end ?

Yuvaraja> Regards
Yuvaraja> Yuvaraja

Yuvaraja> On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 10:38 AM Blake Golliher <thelastman@gmail.com> wrote:

Yuvaraja> Have you defines a hostname on the machine?

Yuvaraja> ?? with my ????!

Yuvaraja> On Sep 4, 2018, at 9:57 PM, Yuvaraja Shivaram <yuvaraja.kishan@gmail.com> wrote:

Yuvaraja> Hi All,

Yuvaraja> i have configured new alert setup through OCUM 7.2p1, we are receiving alerts but it is
Yuvaraja> not showing OCUM host name , instead it shows as Local host whenever we receive alerts to
Yuvaraja> our email id's, is anyone aware how to resolve this issue..

Yuvaraja> here in below statement itstead of localhost , it should reflect OCUM name(oncommand
Yuvaraja> unified manager)

Yuvaraja> "An incident was generated by localhost that requires your attention"

Yuvaraja> Regards

Yuvaraja> Yuvaraj

Yuvaraja> Toasters mailing list
Yuvaraja> Toasters@teaparty.net