Mailing List Archive

revert status
Hey toasters,

is there any way to see the status of a node-shell revert_to command?
I just had to revert one of our systems and unfortunately the SSH connection broke and I'm not seeing any progress here anymore :-/

::> run local revert_to 9.1

You are about to revert the system to work with Data ONTAP 9.1
The system will be rebooted immediately after the conversion
process completes. Make sure that you have installed Data ONTAP
9.1 onto the boot device, or you will have to run "revert_to" again.

Are you sure you want to proceed? [yes/no]? yes

debug.nodewatchdog.level: 2 -> 2
FlexScale PCS is not active and cannot be configured.
The management gateway server restarted. Waiting to see if the connection can be reestablished

I can connect to the system fine again now and I can not run the revert_to again (it says that 9.1 is not supported, only 8.3) - so I guess it's either done already or still in progress.
I couldn't find any command that would show me if this task is still running - any ideas?

Thanks,

Alexander Griesser
Head of Systems Operations

ANEXIA Internetdienstleistungs GmbH

E-Mail: AGriesser@anexia-it.com<mailto:AGriesser@anexia-it.com>
Web: http://www.anexia-it.com<http://www.anexia-it.com/>

Anschrift Hauptsitz Klagenfurt: Feldkirchnerstra?e 140, 9020 Klagenfurt
Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Alexander Windbichler
Firmenbuch: FN 289918a | Gerichtsstand: Klagenfurt | UID-Nummer: AT U63216601
Re: revert status [ In reply to ]
Not sure off hand, but generally, you should use the SP to do things that
might break the SSH connections.

--tmac

*Tim McCarthy, **Principal Consultant*

*Proud Member of the #NetAppATeam <https://twitter.com/NetAppATeam>*

*I Blog at TMACsRack <https://tmacsrack.wordpress.com/>*

AW: revert status [ In reply to ]
I’m not sure if it’s really broken here now at that stage (that’s what I’m trying to find out) – and also I did not know that this is a long running command actually.

Update (forgot to send the mail earlier…):
It turned out that the command completed successfully and that the disconnection was in fact the reboot issues after the revert as it seems (although the documentation says it will only halt and place the filer on the loader prompt).

So the revert was successfull and everything seems to be running again here.

Best,

Re: revert status [ In reply to ]
Great. If you went in through the SP, you would have seen it rebooting.