Von: toasters-bounces@teaparty.net <toasters-bounces@teaparty.net> Im Auftrag von Yuvaraja Shivaram
Gesendet: Montag, 20. August 2018 08:22
An: toasters <toasters@teaparty.net>
Betreff: Netapp C-Mode:- how to covert Global export policy into individual users access

Hi Team,

Is there any way to convert global access users to convert into individual access.

Say for example if any of the policy is having global access of client...like 0.0.0.0/0<http://0.0.0.0/0> and we would like to convert this into individual host access by removing this global entry "0.0.0.0\0".
then how can we achieve this without disruptive activity...

can we add all the individual hosts one by one which are accessing through this global access and then disable the global access parameter from export-policy rule or do we need to shutdown the application/databases and then modify the global parameter....

Please let us know if any of them worked on these kind of activity, my goal is to modify this parameter without bringing down the hosts....

Regards
Yuvaraja
Re: Netapp C-Mode:- how to covert Global export policy into individual users access [ In reply to ]
*Hi Alexander,*

*Thanks a lot for your update, so this is same for both nfsv3 as well as
nfsv4 version right ?*

*and got one more question regarding host details collecting according to
the volume paths it access it in c-mode..any idea how to collect it...*

*usually in 7 mode we used to take it by running /usr/sbin/showmount -a
vfilername. (so it shows which hosts are accessing the which volumes)..*

*Regards*
*Yuvaraja*