volume offline. Please contact support for assistance.

Anyway, the aggr is in restricted state now, and when I try to online it,
event log says:

8/7/2018 08:43:46 filer1b WARNING wafl.vol.walloc.rsv.failmount:
Failing mount of volume backups. Free space reserve is too low. Please
contact support for assistance.

I'd really like to not have to blow this aggr away and re-run all these
backups. Presumably there's a way to get this back online.

This is on cdot 8.2.4p4

Any ideas?
Re: wafl.vol.walloc.rsv.failmount [ In reply to ]
Contacting support is your best bet here.

From: <toasters-bounces@teaparty.net<mailto:toasters-bounces@teaparty.net>> on behalf of Mike Thompson <mike.thompson@gmail.com<mailto:mike.thompson@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 at 12:21 PM
To: "Toasters@teaparty.net<mailto:Toasters@teaparty.net>" <Toasters@teaparty.net<mailto:Toasters@teaparty.net>>
Subject: wafl.vol.walloc.rsv.failmount

Looks like we filled up an aggregate that we dump backups into.

Filer bounced itself, to take the aggregate offline, which is an interesting way to deal with the situation:

Aug 6 01:39:46 filer1b [filer1b:wafl.vol.walloc.rsv.offline:error]: Volume backups free space reserve is critically low. Rebooting system to take volume offline. Please contact support for assistance.

Anyway, the aggr is in restricted state now, and when I try to online it, event log says:

8/7/2018 08:43:46 filer1b WARNING wafl.vol.walloc.rsv.failmount: Failing mount of volume backups. Free space reserve is too low. Please contact support for assistance.

Re: wafl.vol.walloc.rsv.failmount [ In reply to ]
yeah unfortunately this particular cluster not under support, just using it
as disk staging for backups.

the data is disposable, so i guess a follow up question might be, how do i
go about removing the volumes that are contained on this aggregate from the
cluster, while it's in offline or restricted state, and then blow away the
aggregate, so i can re-roll it from scratch.

Re: wafl.vol.walloc.rsv.failmount [ In reply to ]
Delete all snapshots?

Francis Kim
Cell: 415-606-2525
Direct: 510-644-1599 x334
fkim@berkcom.com<mailto:fkim@berkcom.com>
www.berkcom.com

On Aug 7, 2018, at 7:29 AM, Mike Gossett <cmgossett@gmail.com<mailto:cmgossett@gmail.com>> wrote:

Any other volumes on that aggregate that can move elsewhere? Any other nodes in the cluster with free space?

Re: wafl.vol.walloc.rsv.failmount [ In reply to ]

AW: wafl.vol.walloc.rsv.failmount [ In reply to ]
Hey Mike,

some interesting ideas out of this old post:

https://community.netapp.com/t5/Simulator-Discussions/aggr0-full-on-7-3-4-sim/m-p/67205#M1029

* Try to shrink the root volume
* Try to convert the aggregate to raid-4

Worth a try.

Best,

Alexander Griesser
Head of Systems Operations

ANEXIA Internetdienstleistungs GmbH

E-Mail: AGriesser@anexia-it.com<mailto:AGriesser@anexia-it.com>
Web: http://www.anexia-it.com<http://www.anexia-it.com/>

Anschrift Hauptsitz Klagenfurt: Feldkirchnerstraße 140, 9020 Klagenfurt

Re: wafl.vol.walloc.rsv.failmount [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the replies on this one all.

The solution was to run wafliron on the aggregate, which very quickly
brought it and it's volumes back online for us.

set diag
storage aggregate wafliron start -aggregate backups

Thanks again