Mailing List Archive

node too busy
Hi people,

I saw a recent post from a list member asking about
how to finsd out what is keeping a node so busy.

No, I had a quick look at my systems and sure as eggs
I have a node which is 99% bust pretty much all the time
dispite not doing that mush I/O.

Example:

Node CPU_(%) *Total_Ops Total_(Bps) Latency_(us)
UOW-DR-03 38 6507 178442598 4152
UOW-DR-01 40 6195 24945585 1142
UOW-DR-02 99 2618 79917069 3246
UOW-DR-04 2 0 0 0

This is just a 5 sec sample, but its pretty much like that all the time.

How do a diagnose why? Ontap 9.3P2

Regards,
pdg

Peter Gray Ph (direct): +61 2 4221 3770
Information Management & Technology Services Ph (switch): +61 2 4221 3555
University of Wollongong Fax: +61 2 4229 1958
Wollongong NSW 2522 Email: pdg@uow.edu.au
Australia URL: http://pdg.uow.edu.au

Re: node too busy [ In reply to ]
Some different tools that you can use to help figure out where the problem are

OnCommand Unified Manager and Nabox (grafana) both free

or OnCommand Insight (paid).

I find the dashboards in Nabox to go fairly deep to help diagnose problems.