Mailing List Archive

ndmp failure
I have SVM scope NDMP backup on 2 nodes in cluster and it has been working for a whileWe added 2 more nodes in the cluster and the filesystem from these 2 nodes (same SVM) are failing backupsVertias NDMP error 99 (client can connect and browse the filesystem to select it for backup)There is gotta to be something related to new nodes only, but I cannot put my finger on it
Re: ndmp failure [ In reply to ]
Iluhes> I have SVM scope NDMP backup on 2 nodes in cluster and it has
Iluhes> been working for a while We added 2 more nodes in the cluster
Iluhes> and the filesystem from these 2 nodes (same SVM) are failing
Iluhes> backups Vertias NDMP error 99 (client can connect and browse
Iluhes> the filesystem to select it for backup) There is gotta to be
Iluhes> something related to new nodes only, but I cannot put my
Iluhes> finger on it

What version of OnTap are you running on your Cluster? And what
version of Netbackup? I too went through this at one point, we had to
upgrade to 8.3.x of cDOT, along with NetBackup 7.7.x to get SVM scoped
NDMP which might actually work. But before I could get to testing it,
other work has kept me busy since.

Does anyone know if NDMP (VServer based) works well with NetBackup
now?

John
Re: ndmp failure [ In reply to ]
Does anyone know if NDMP (VServer based) works well with NetBackup
now?

It seems to work quite well for me (cDOT 9.2, NetBackup 7.7).