Error below;
Time Node Severity Event
------------------- ---------------- ------------- ---------------------------
8/30/2017 09:02:17 filer1 INFORMATIONAL mgmtgwd.jobmgr.jobcomplete.failure: Job "Clone Split" [id 6716] (Split vol1) completed unsuccessfully: Volume has locked snapshots (1).
8/30/2017 09:02:17 filer1 DEBUG wafl.config.req.error: Config request 'VV_CONFIG_REQ_CLONE_SPLIT_START' by WAFL for volume vol1 is not being processed because of the error: '387 - CR_VV_VOLUME_SNAPSHOTS'.
8/30/2017 09:02:17 filer1 NOTICE wafl.vv.clone.splitBusySnap: Volume 'vol1 has locked snapshots, not splitting.

KR,
Chris.
RE: vol clone split [ In reply to ]
I'd recommend opening a support case on this one. I don't see a technical reason why a split should require deleting snapshots, nor can I think of a reason why a snapmirror baseline should block a split operation. I suspect there are diag level overrides for that behavior but it would probably depend on the exact version of ONTAP. I know that's speculative, but I don't want to give bad advice that would result in a major inconvenience if the snapshots went missing.