is supported)

Regards,
pdg

Re: adding new SAS loop [ In reply to ]
Peter,

Yes, it's supported
https://library.netapp.com/ecm/ecm_get_file/ECMP1119629 "To an
existing SAS HBA or onboard SAS port"

Cheers,

Tim

RE: adding new SAS loop [ In reply to ]
There is no difference between adding new loop and adding new shelf. In both cases controller is going to see new disks appearing on some SAS adapter. If anything adding new loop is less disruptive because you do not need to temporary break path redundancy for existing disks.

I do not know if this is explicitly mentioned anywhere as special case; it sounds to me more like "do not put pets in microwave" sort of things :)

---
With best regards

Andrei Borzenkov
Senior system engineer
FTS WEMEAI RUC RU SC TMS FOS

FUJITSU
Zemlyanoy Val Street, 9, 105 064 Moscow, Russian Federation
Tel.: +7 495 730 62 20 ( reception)
Mob.: +7 916 678 7208
Fax: +7 495 730 62 14
E-mail: Andrei.Borzenkov@ts.fujitsu.com
Web: ru.fujitsu.com
Company details: ts.fujitsu.com/imprint
This communication contains information that is confidential, proprietary in nature and/or privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient(s), please note that any form of dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the original communication. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please be advised that neither Fujitsu, its affiliates, its employees or agents accept liability for any errors, omissions or damages caused by delays of receipt or by any virus infection in this message or its attachments, or which may otherwise arise as a result of this e-mail transmission.