Is there a way to find out why in a CDOT cluster controller A is always between 50 and 55% CPU usage and controller B is less than 25%. Storage wise data is evenly balance but seem like some volumes are used more heavily than others and if I can identify them I would balance them to that CPU usage is even between the controllers.

Thank you

Mustafa Sayla
Visit us on the Web at mesirowfinancial.com

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Confidential, proprietary or time-sensitive communications should not be transmitted via the Internet, as there can be no assurance of actual or timely delivery, receipt and/or confidentiality. This is not an offer, or solicitation of any offer to buy or sell any security, investment or other product.
Re: High CPU [ In reply to ]
Sound like a job for Storage Quality of Service (QOS)

create a storage qos policy for each volume....create for monitor for now,
no limits
Assign appropriate policy to volume.
It takes effect immediately.

Look at the qos statistics to see which volume(s) are busier than the
others....move if you need/want to.

--tmac

Re: High CPU [ In reply to ]
Mustafa,

If you have OnCommand Unified Manager and OnCommand Performance Manager installed in your environment, these entitled (free) products can show you exactly where the load is. Performance Manager will allow you to look at all the volumes, aggregates, and nodes in the cluster, and will allow you to see if this is a recurring issue over time or simply a short term spike. You can use this to decide how to move volumes to balance the workload, if that is truly what you need to do.

— Phil

Philip Bachman
Solution Architect
Storage Management Solutions + MetroCluster
Americas Solution Architects

NetApp
+1 646.560.4090 Direct Phone
+1 908.420.7800 Mobile Phone
philip.bachman@netapp.com<mailto:philip.bachman@netapp.com>

netapp.com<http://www.netapp.com/us/>

[NetApp logo]<http://www.netapp.com/us/>

[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/NetApp?REF_SOURCE=ems-facebook> [Twitter] <http://twitter.com/#netapp?REF_SOURCE=ems-twitter> [Linked In] <http://www.linkedin.com/groups/NetApp-111681/about?REF_SOURCE=ems-linkedin> [YouTube] <http://www.youtube.com/user/NetAppTV?REF_SOURCE=ems-youtube> [Slideshare] <http://www.slideshare.net/NetApp?REF_SOURCE=ems-slideshare> [Community] <https://communities.netapp.com/welcome?REF_SOURCE=ems-cty>
#netapp