Mailing List Archive

Plugin to detect domain membership?
Anyone have a quickie script to confirm domain membership based on the
SMB credentials provided?

Looks like I might be able to make use of plugin 10394 for this, but
maybe someone already has something ready for use.

Thanks,
Ray
Re: Plugin to detect domain membership? [ In reply to ]
yes, I do. lemme get it out in the morning.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Ray Van Dolson <rvandolson@esri.com> wrote:

> Anyone have a quickie script to confirm domain membership based on the
> SMB credentials provided?
>
> Looks like I might be able to make use of plugin 10394 for this, but
> maybe someone already has something ready for use.
>
> Thanks,
> Ray

Doug Nordwall
Unix, Network, and Security Administrator
on MMORPGs
Re: Plugin to detect domain membership? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 07:41:00PM -0800, Doug Nordwall wrote:
> yes, I do. lemme get it out in the morning.

Thanks Doug. Looking forward to seeing how you implemented it. In the
interim, I used the smb_login.nasl script and just parse the output for
the mention of the credentials we're using to authenticate. If it's
present in the output I assume the machine must be a member of the
domain.

Ray

Re: Plugin to detect domain membership? [ In reply to ]
here you go. should work on windows boxes and not false positive on unix
boxes with smb. will return a high if it can't get into the box.