Mailing List Archive

Re: NNTP vs NTTP vs Old values
George A. Theall wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2009, at 1:05 PM, Jason Chambers wrote:
>
>> FYI.. NTTP should be NNTP ? Below is a comparison between the Nessus
>> server preferences and my last cached values.
>
> Yes, it should. Thanks for pointing this out. I've committed a change,
> and the revised plugin should become available through the plugin feed
> in a couple of hours.
>
> George

FYI -- I noticed the old values are back along with the new.

Ex:

nessus -xP -q host port user pass | grep crosspost

News Server (NNTP) Information Disclosure[entry]:Max crosspost : = 7
Misc information on News server[entry]:Max crosspost : = 7
News Server (NNTP) Information Disclosure[entry]:Max crosspost : = 7
Misc information on News server[entry]:Max crosspost : = 7

Regards,

--Jason
Re: NNTP vs NTTP vs Old values [ In reply to ]
On Feb 3, 2009, at 5:30 PM, Jason Chambers wrote:

> FYI -- I noticed the old values are back along with the new.
>
> Ex:
>
> nessus -xP -q host port user pass | grep crosspost
>
> News Server (NNTP) Information Disclosure[entry]:Max crosspost : = 7
> Misc information on News server[entry]:Max crosspost : = 7
> News Server (NNTP) Information Disclosure[entry]:Max crosspost : = 7
> Misc information on News server[entry]:Max crosspost : = 7

The Nessus client gets preference settings from its configuration file
(eg, ~/.nessusrc) and merges those with what the server sends. So I
expect if you look at your client configuration file, you'll see the
old settings in there.

The old preference settings are actually ignored (unless you happen to
fall back to an earlier revision of plugin #11033 (nntp_info.nasl).
Still, f they bother you, simply edit the file by hand and remove them.

PS: please consider migrating over to the new discussion forum, https://discussions.nessus.org/
.

George
--