Mailing List Archive

nessusd.conf - listen_address with 2 IPs
(this is a repost, since I think the original was lost in a thread somewhere)

All,

I'm trying to use the listen_address feature in nessusd.conf, and it appears to only honor a single address. My problem is I have 2 NICs on my server, and each NIC has multiple addresses. I tried different variations with the variable (commas, spaces, etc.) and it only seems to accept the first address I specify (using listen_address = 127.0.0.1 {other IP}) This is the only format Nessus didn't complain about (much) when restarting it.

Is there a way to have Nessus listen on 2 addresses without running two (2) separate daemons?

Thanks,
Kevin

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information and is intended solely for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not a named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail or act upon the information contained herein. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.