Mailing List Archive

Tenable patch superseded co relation
Hi guys,

PFA. This contains the consolidated list of scans performed for a single subnet last day. The items marked in RED have patch mismatch as they have already superseded by Microsoft.( I have only taken data for patches that was released in the year of 2008. The patches in the year 2006 is also getting reported even after the superseded patch/service packs are applied) Please do let me know. in case this is a bug . we are using SC3.2.1.

Regards

Renil

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this mail is for the
intended addressee only and may be legally privileged. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. Any opinions expressed, implied or presented are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of First Gulf Bank. First Gulf Bank shall in no circumstances be
liable for any loss or damage caused due to error, delay,
omission or inaccuracy during transmission. If you have received
this mail by mistake, please delete the message and all the
copies from your system and notify the sender immediately. All
emails and file attachments sent to and received through the First
Gulf Bank domain is scanned for viruses by First Gulf Bank's
email Virus scanning system. However it is recommended that
attachments, if any, be scanned for viruses before launching.
First Gulf Bank is not liable for any damages caused due to virus
(es), trojans or any other form of malicious software transmitted
over email.
Re: Tenable patch superseded co relation [ In reply to ]
On Feb 3, 2009, at 6:35 AM, Renil Lambert wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> PFA. This contains the consolidated list of scans performed for a
> single subnet last day. The items marked in RED have patch mismatch
> as they have already superseded by Microsoft.( I have only taken
> data for patches that was released in the year of 2008. The patches
> in the year 2006 is also getting reported even after the superseded
> patch/service packs are applied) Please do let me know. in case this
> is a bug . we are using SC3.2.1.

Hello Renil,

Could you send us (privately) the KB of a host which reports such
false positives? I'm very surprised at the results you're getting
since we use the version of the files on disk -- so in your case, the
only way to get the superseded patches to appear in your report would
be to apply no Office patch at all.

Thanks,
-- Renaud