Mailing List Archive

Write a plugin for windows command
Afternoon,

Is Nessus able to execute a windows command like "dir" through a command
line prompt?
If yes, could you tell me how, please?

Regards,

Thomas Nguyen Van (CEH) | OneIT Technical Security Consultant | OneIT
Operations | BT |
E: thomas.nguyenvan@bt.com |Mobile: +353 86 1720 692 | Fax: +353 1 432 5899|
www.btireland.com <www.btireland.com>

BT Communications Ireland Limited
is a wholly owned subsidiary of BT Group plc
Registered in Ireland, Registration No. 141524
Grand Canal Plaza, Upper Grand Canal Street, Dublin, Ireland

This electronic message contains information (and may contain files) from BT
Communications Ireland Limited which may be privileged or confidential. The
information is intended to be for the sole use of the individual(s) or
entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
and or files is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in
error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address
above) immediately. http://www.btireland.ie
Re: Write a plugin for windows command [ In reply to ]
Thomas Nguyen Van wrote:

> Afternoon,
>
> Is Nessus able to execute a windows command like "dir" through a
> command line prompt?
> If yes, could you tell me how, please?

Via a shell! Yes via ssh with the ssh_cmd(); command.

ssh_login(socket:soc login:.....);
ssh_cmd(socket:soc, cmd:"dir");

Regard,

--Ferdy--
Re: Write a plugin for windows command [ In reply to ]
Thomas Nguyen Van wrote:

> Afternoon,
>
> Is Nessus able to execute a windows command like "dir" through a
> command line prompt?
> If yes, could you tell me how, please?

Also, if you want to simply execute some commands you wrote you can also
have a look at smbshell.nbin
http://cgi.tenablesecurity.com/tenable/smbshell.php

it's a very nice pre-compiled nasl.

--Ferdy--