Mailing List Archive

check_ports.nasl
Good day,

We changed check_ports.nasl to indicate when a scan on one of our customers may be incomplete due to network congestion, IDS or IPS
behaviour etc..
The nasl also reports on the specific ports affected.
When we see the nasl reporting *consistently*, we tune the Nessus config untill check_ports.nasl does not report anymore.

For interest sake the settings we had the most complete results with are the following (We use Nessus 3.0.3 and these scans are
conducted over the Internet):

10335 = yes #Nessus tcp scanner
max_hosts = 10
max_checks = 5
checks_read_timeout = 10 #Default is 5
Thorough tests (slow) = no

Herewith the nasl:
#
# This script was written by Michel Arboi <arboi@alussinan.org>
#
# GPL, blah blah blah
# See the Nessus Scripts License for details
#
# Services known to crash or freeze on a port scan:
#
# ClearCase (TCP/371)
# NetBackup
#