get started writing plugins? Any suggestions/books/links would be
great! Thanks in advance for your help!

-Jesse
Re: Nessus Newbie [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Jesse Safran wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I am a newbie to nessus and was wondering what is the easiest way to
> get started writing plugins? Any suggestions/books/links would be
> great!

You could take a look at:
The NASL2 reference manual
http://michel.arboi.free.fr/nasl2ref/

or

The Nessus Attack Scripting Language Reference Guide
(google for links)

but the best way is probably to take a look at a plugin that does
something similar to what you want and then play with it.

--
- Josh
Re: Nessus Newbie [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 04:03:23PM -0400, Jesse Safran wrote:

> I am a newbie to nessus and was wondering what is the easiest way to
> get started writing plugins? Any suggestions/books/links would be
> great!

In addition to what Josh mentioned, you may also find it helpful to take
an existing plugin and use it as a template for another check.

George
--
theall@tenablesecurity.com