Mailing List Archive

tftp plugin bug
I was trying to set the default file name to grab w/ the tftp plugin
and couldn't figure out how to do that. So I looked in code for a way
to do that. I noticed that it doesn't seem to be adding and getting
the preference for the file name correctly (I may be missing something
though).

In tftp_grab_file.c I had to:

add to plugin_init()

add_plugin_preference(desc, "test_file",
PREF_ENTRY,"/etc/passwd");

change in plugin_run()

from: char * test_file = get_preference(env, "test_file");

to: char * test_file = get_plugin_preference(env, "test_file");

Ok, maybe a diff would be a better way to express this. :)

Cheers,
Alan

Alan Pitts | E-Mail: amp@uu.net
UUNet Technologies | Ph: 614.723.4954
Re: tftp plugin bug [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 12:35:09PM -0400, Alan Pitts wrote:

> I was trying to set the default file name to grab w/ the tftp plugin
> and couldn't figure out how to do that. So I looked in code for a way
> to do that. I noticed that it doesn't seem to be adding and getting
> the preference for the file name correctly (I may be missing something
> though).
>
> In tftp_grab_file.c I had to:

Actually, this was a reminisence of the pre-per-plugin preference era,
where 'test_file' was a valid entry in nessusd.conf (it's still is
though).

I'm not sure this is really needed though...

-- Renaud
Re: tftp plugin bug [ In reply to ]
Renaud Deraison writes:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 12:35:09PM -0400, Alan Pitts wrote:
> >
> > I was trying to set the default file name to grab w/ the tftp plugin
> > and couldn't figure out how to do that. So I looked in code for a way
> > to do that. I noticed that it doesn't seem to be adding and getting
> > the preference for the file name correctly (I may be missing something
> > though).
> >
> > In tftp_grab_file.c I had to:
>
> Actually, this was a reminisence of the pre-per-plugin preference era,
> where 'test_file' was a valid entry in nessusd.conf (it's still is
> though).

OK. before my time.

> I'm not sure this is really needed though...

??? not sure what is really needed ? The .conf entry, the preference,
the plugin ?

I was trying trying to make this work to test for the Nimda worm. The
worm appears to move some files around w/tftp and leaves a tftp server
listening. We have seen recently infected machines trying to do tftp
get Admin.dll.