Mailing List Archive

welcome to plugins-writers (with a slight delay ;)
Hi all,

I'd like to welcome you all to plugins-writers@list.nessus.org. I've
been short on time lately, so this message is just a "welcome note",
with no real technical content.

Just to remind you : this list is dedicated to the writing of new
plugins. I'd like to see discussions about the test for new
vulnerabilities, as well as the posting of new plugins (or
plugins-related tools), hopefully commented, so that people can learn
how to write a new plugin, and can understand how plugins are written.

I'll shortly post the "analysis" of a very simple plugin, so that nobody
gets scared, as well as a request for the writing of a new plugin
(the ISS BSD lpd overflow). For more complex plugins, I'll also hilight
the differences between 1.2 and 1.0 plugins (there are few, but they're
worth knowing ;)

We are a really short number of subscribers at this time - about 30 -
so do not hesitate to participate (even if what you say is completely
irrelevant, it will be kept in a small circle, so don't worry about
saying nonsense). This also means I'm extremely open regarding the
contents of what people send on the list. If you send a script written
in something else than NASL but that checks for a yet-untested
vulnerability, I won't consider that off-topic and you won't be blamed
for it.

I remind you this list is non-moderated. The point is to have fast
technical discussions which lead to the instant writing of new plugins.

So once again, welcome aboard, and thanks for having subscribed !

-- Renaud