Mailing List Archive

How to extract *.nbin and *.nes files?
Some of the plugins are not *.nasl but *.nbin or *.nes files, we could use NessusWX Client to view these plugins' information , such as "wmi_ntfs_drives.nbin"(plugin_id:24871) and so on. But if we want to write a program to read the *.nbin or *.nes plugin's information(i.e. plugin_id, category, description, ...) , how could we do? Is there a tool to extract these files? or, what's the encyption method for these files?

********************************************************************************************************************************
ÎÂÜ°ÌáÐÑ£ºÖйúƽ°²±£ÏÕ£¨¼¯ÍÅ£©¹É·ÝÓÐÏÞ¹«Ë¾µç×ÓÓʼþµØÖ·ÓÉÔ­À´µÄXXX@paic.com.cn¸ü¸ÄΪXXX@pingan.com.cn

Warning tips:the Email Address of PING AN INSURANCE (GROUP) COMPANY changes into XXX@pingan.com.cn
********************************************************************************************************************************

********************************************************************************************************************************
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error or are
not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message from your computer. Any use, distribution,
or copying of this email other than by the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. All messages sent to and from us may be
monitored to ensure compliance with internal policies and to protect our business.
Emails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed,
or contain viruses. Anyone who communicates with us by email is taken to accept these risks.

ÊÕ·¢ÓʼþÕßÇë×¢Ò⣺
Re: How to extract *.nbin and *.nes files? [ In reply to ]
On Apr 15, 2008, at 1:15 AM, ÖÜÀÚ£¨¼¯ÍÅÐÅÏ¢¹ÜÀíÖÐÐĹ滮֧³Ö²¿£© wrote:

> Some of the plugins are not *.nasl but *.nbin or *.nes files, we
> could use NessusWX Client to view these plugins' information , such
> as "wmi_ntfs_drives.nbin"(plugin_id:24871) and so on. But if we want
> to write a program to read the *.nbin or *.nes plugin's
> information(i.e. plugin_id, category, description, ...) , how could
> we do? Is there a tool to extract these files? or, what's the
> encyption method for these files?

Plugins ending in '*.nes' are compiled C-language plugins, while those
ending in '.nbin' are compiled NASL scripts. You can't "extract" them
per se, but the Nessus server can send information about them (and
other plugins) when a client connects. [Note that Nessus 2.x doesn't
support '.nbin' at all.]

By the way, please note that NessusWX is not supported any more.
Please switch to NessusClient, which you can download from <http://www.nessus.org/download/
>.

George
--