Does anyone know how to go about this?

Thanks
Mike
Re: Is there a way to modify NessusWX? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 01:28:22PM -0500, SPAOTVA wrote:

> When I try to export into MySQL the cve_id field gets truncated around
> 30 characters. When I look at the SQL tables format for NessusWX it is
> set to VarChar(32). I would like to modify it to 128 or a text field.
> Does anyone know how to go about this?

The source for NessusWX can be found here:

http://nessuswx.nessus.org/index.htm#download

There's a readme in the top-level directory, I think, outlining what
you'll need to compile it. I'm not familiar with the code so beyond
that, I'm afraid you're on your own.

George
--
theall@tenablesecurity.com
Re: Is there a way to modify NessusWX? [ In reply to ]
You may just be able to modify the schema in the database to change that
field to contain more characters. You may need to export the data, modify
the resulting sql files create table entries and then reimport your data.

You should also definately at least take alook at the source George linked
too but my guess would be that NessusWX wont care how big that field is, the
truncating is happening at the database layer.

Just a guess though (I will take a ook myself as I use NessusWX to export my
scans aswell.)