When I export the results from a scan into MySQL through Nessus WX the
cve_id field get's truncated. The description and solution fields export
without a problem.
If I look at the raw data of the scan the cve_id information is
complete.
Has anyone run into this problem?

Thanks
Mike
Re: Cve_id field is being truncated when exporting results to MySQL [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 09:48:48AM -0500, SPAOTVA wrote:

> I have the description, solution and cve_id fields set to text in MySQL.
> When I export the results from a scan into MySQL through Nessus WX the
> cve_id field get's truncated. The description and solution fields export
> without a problem.
>
> If I look at the raw data of the scan the cve_id information is complete.

Look at the type used for cve_id in the MySQL table. The schema
available here :

http://nessuswx.nessus.org/sql_tables.html

allows a maximum of only 32 characters, in other words, 2 CVEs. That's
definitely too small given the plugins that exist today. I'm not sure
what an upper bound should be, though, but 255 should avoid problems
with most plugins.

George
--
theall@tenablesecurity.com