in a config-file and then Nessus automatically looks for the relevant plugin(s) and maps the scanned results to the pre-defined data in the config-file in the report.

Did I understand that right? Do you know what is meant by the sentences above and where I can find this feature?

Thanx, Maze.

compliance checks [ In reply to ]
Hello to all,

how can I understand the following sentences from the "advanced user guide" for Nessus 3:

"In Nessus 3, you simply create a template file denoting which items (from the regulations or policies) you wish to check for. Nessus then automatically creates a list of relevant modules which it runs sequentially, giving a compliance report when the scan is complete."

I think it would be a good feature, if you can define something like:

password policy, max. password age: 80