Mailing List Archive

Global Settings Plugin - Network Type
I'm trying to compare the results on Nessus using diferent configurations on the plugin http://www.nessus.org/plugins/index.php?view=single&id=12288
with plugin src http://www.nessus.org/plugins/index.php?view=viewsrc&id=12288

This plugin sets some "Global Variable Settings". This configuration is
stored on the kb where plugins can ask for information, I haven't
checked all settings one by one, but the one about "Network Type" which is declared as:
--------
script_add_preference(name:"Network type", type:"radio", value:"Mixed (use RFC 1918);Private LAN; Public WAN (Internet)");

opt = script_get_preference("Network type");
if (! opt) opt = "Mixed (RFC 1918)";
set_kb_item(name:"global_settings/network_type", value:opt);

--------
Sets the value "global_settings/network_type" on the knowdlege base but is not being used by any plugin.
First time I suppose this option established some timming options for plugins, and
cheked the RFC on http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc1918.txt but this
option is deprecated or am I wrong?.

Thanks in advance,

--

Juan de la Fuente Costa aka FREED0M

<freed0m@hacktimes.com>

www.hacktimes.com

Re: Global Settings Plugin - Network Type [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 09:49:44AM +0200, freed0m wrote:

> Sets the value "global_settings/network_type" on the knowdlege base but is not being used by any plugin.
> First time I suppose this option established some timming options for plugins, and
> cheked the RFC on http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc1918.txt but this
> option is deprecated or am I wrong?.

In the global_settings.inc include file, the value is actually used to
define the variables 'all_addr_private' and 'all_addr_public'. And those
are used in network_func.inc and, eg, plugin #10759 (iis_nat.nasl).

George
--
theall@tenablesecurity.com