Mailing List Archive

NessusClient: branch release-1-0 ?
Hi,

we are almost there with 1.0.0 of NessusClient.
But currently it looks like we will have yet another
RC release ...

However, there are some comprehensive new features in
our queue that should lead to 1.2.0.
It would be very helpful if we could manage these
in the CVS. This could only be done if a branch
for the stable 1.0 series is created (then new stuff
could go into HEAD).

Renaud, would it be OK to create the 1.0-branch already
now allthough we are still in RC-phase?

Best

Jan
--
Jan-Oliver Wagner: www.intevation.de/~jan | GISpatcher: www.gispatcher.de
Kolab Konsortium : www.kolab-konsortium.de | Thuban : thuban.intevation.org
Re: NessusClient: branch release-1-0 ? [ In reply to ]
Renaud,

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 11:51:22AM +0100, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> we are almost there with 1.0.0 of NessusClient.
> But currently it looks like we will have yet another
> RC release ...
>
> However, there are some comprehensive new features in
> our queue that should lead to 1.2.0.
> It would be very helpful if we could manage these
> in the CVS. This could only be done if a branch
> for the stable 1.0 series is created (then new stuff
> could go into HEAD).
>
> Renaud, would it be OK to create the 1.0-branch already
> now allthough we are still in RC-phase?

what do you think?

Best

Jan
Re: NessusClient: branch release-1-0 ? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 07:54:54PM -0500, Renaud Deraison wrote:
> On Jan 26, 2006, at 19:42, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> >On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 11:51:22AM +0100, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> >>we are almost there with 1.0.0 of NessusClient.
> >>But currently it looks like we will have yet another
> >>RC release ...
> >>
> >>However, there are some comprehensive new features in
> >>our queue that should lead to 1.2.0.
> >>It would be very helpful if we could manage these
> >>in the CVS. This could only be done if a branch
> >>for the stable 1.0 series is created (then new stuff
> >>could go into HEAD).
> >>
> >>Renaud, would it be OK to create the 1.0-branch already
> >>now allthough we are still in RC-phase?
>
> Who's in charge of making sure that anything commited in the 1.0-RC
> branch gets commited to HEAD ?

I will take of that until the next stable release.

Best

Jan

Re: NessusClient: branch release-1-0 ? [ In reply to ]
Hi Renaud,

On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 09:29:32AM +0100, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 07:54:54PM -0500, Renaud Deraison wrote:

> > Who's in charge of making sure that anything commited in the 1.0-RC
> > branch gets commited to HEAD ?
>
> I will take of that until the next stable release.

how about my proposal/request?
Branching would really help us.

Best

Jan
Re: NessusClient: branch release-1-0 ? [ In reply to ]
Jan-Oliver Wagner <jan@intevation.de> writes:
> [...]
[...]
[...]
> how about my proposal/request?