Mailing List Archive

TODOs for NessusClient 1.0.0RC2?
Hi,

I would like to get NessusClient 1.0.0 released in not too
far future.

So far I am aware of three issues I would like to fix
for RC2:

- some people reported crashes when connecting with
registered feed.

- focus is sometimes on wrong windows during log-in procedure
(reported in nessus bug tracker)

- the Plugin prefs are lost when disconnecting a scope.
At least I can reproduce this.

Javier reported a number of issues for packaging.
Some have been solved meanwhile, but not all.
I don't think I could solve all of them timely
or even look into them.

Is there anything else to be done?

Best

Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner: www.intevation.de/~jan | GISpatcher: www.gispatcher.de
Kolab Konsortium : www.kolab-konsortium.de | Thuban : thuban.intevation.org
Re: TODOs for NessusClient 1.0.0RC2? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

IMHO we are ready to release 1.0.0.RC2 now :-)

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 11:51:18PM +0100, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> I would like to get NessusClient 1.0.0 released in not too
> far future.
>
> So far I am aware of three issues I would like to fix
> for RC2:
>
> - some people reported crashes when connecting with
> registered feed.

not reproducable. Anyone experiencing, please let us know.

> - focus is sometimes on wrong windows during log-in procedure
> (reported in nessus bug tracker)

fixed-

> - the Plugin prefs are lost when disconnecting a scope.
> At least I can reproduce this.

So I thought, but now I can't anymore.

> Javier reported a number of issues for packaging.
> Some have been solved meanwhile, but not all.
> I don't think I could solve all of them timely
> or even look into them.

> Is there anything else to be done?

There seeems to be a problem on MacOS-X for some cases,
but the tracebacks I received does not give me specific idea
on the problem and I don't have a MacOS-X to debug.

I'd say: Renaud, please release 1.0.0.RC2 ... :-)

(We will build a Windows Installer right after the release)

Best

Jan
Re: TODOs for NessusClient 1.0.0RC2? [ In reply to ]
On Dec 20, 2005, at 14:32, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> IMHO we are ready to release 1.0.0.RC2 now :-)

No :

> There seeems to be a problem on MacOS-X for some cases,
> but the tracebacks I received does not give me specific idea
> on the problem and I don't have a MacOS-X to debug.

You may not have Mac OS X but some people do. I'll investigate and
release RC2 once this problem is solved.

-- Renaud