Mailing List Archive

Few problems in porting nessus-core to windows
Hi Everybody,

I am trying to port nessusd server to windows. I found that most of
the things are portable. Communication through socketpairs is giving
me a great trouble. As there is no api corresponding to socketpair in
windows I am replacing socketpair with pipes (using _pipe system call
on windows). But I am not getting the desired results.Plugins are not
able to communicate the results of execution (success or failure) to
the client. I am also facing lots of problems with dup2 system call.

Can anybody suggest me the best possible way to do this ?

I am not sure whether pipes are the right substitute.

Thanking you,
Nikhil Kadu