Mailing List Archive

Merging BOSS branch to HEAD: The new Nessus GTK Client
Hi,

today (I am in Euope :-) we finally will merge the BOSS
branch to HEAD for nessus-core.

This essentially means a comprehensively reworked GTK client.

It als means some changes to the configure routines in order
to support i18n and GTK+ 2.0.

The Nessus Server is not modified at all.

The new client is yet not finalized yet and intensive work will
go on for about two weeks (and bugfixing until the end of the year).
However, we believe it is usable and we
hope to get input from you on what can be done even better
or should be done another way.

The merge might have the effect that something does not work
anymore for you as you are used to. In that case let us know
immediately: we will fix all of this as fast as we can.

All the best

Jan

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH http://intevation.de/
FreeGIS http://freegis.org/
Re: Merging BOSS branch to HEAD: The new Nessus GTK Client [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 11:59:47AM +0100, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> today (I am in Euope :-) we finally will merge the BOSS
> branch to HEAD for nessus-core.

we are now right in the process.
I will send a message once
it is completed and tested (as far a we can test over here).

Renaud: How about the file configure? Do you want to create
it on your development system and check it in? If I run
autoconf myself, this file changes dramatically. If you
don't care I can check it in (I am
using autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59 which explains the stong
deviation since you have applied 2.13 last time).

Best

Jan

Re: Merging BOSS branch to HEAD: The new Nessus GTK Client [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 02:56:05PM +0100, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> Renaud: How about the file configure? Do you want to create
> it on your development system and check it in? If I run
> autoconf myself, this file changes dramatically. If you
> don't care I can check it in (I am
> using autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59 which explains the stong
> deviation since you have applied 2.13 last time).

I'll check it in myself. I don't want to use anything else than
autoconf 2.13.

-- Renaud
Re: Merging BOSS branch to HEAD: The new Nessus GTK Client [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 02:56:05PM +0100, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 11:59:47AM +0100, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> > today (I am in Euope :-) we finally will merge the BOSS
> > branch to HEAD for nessus-core.
>
> we are now right in the process.
> I will send a message once
> it is completed and tested (as far a we can test over here).

so, here its is :-)

We've tested a number of options how you can compile nessus-core.
We don't have Solaris and other Unices available to test so I am
especially interested in those platforms.

Now please give it a try if you like to test the new GTK client ...

All the best

Jan