Mailing List Archive

Compiling nessus-libraries on Windows
Hi,

I am trying to get the nessus gtk2 client to compile for Windows.

First step is to get the nessus-libraries compiled and that
is where I got struck.

I will be on this issue until it is solved anyway, but
perhaps there is someone out there who already compiled it
successfully and I would be thankful for any hint.

Here is what I tried so far:

Method 1: mingw32 crosscompiler on a Debian Sarge:

the configure in libpcap-nessus fails:

| jan@galene libpcap-nessus 686: CC=i586-mingw32msvc-gcc ./configure
| creating cache ./config.cache
| checking host system type... powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
| checking target system type... powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
| checking build system type... powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
| checking for gcc... i586-mingw32msvc-gcc
| checking whether the C compiler (i586-mingw32msvc-gcc ) works... yes
| checking whether the C compiler (i586-mingw32msvc-gcc ) is a
| cross-compiler... yes
| checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
| checking whether i586-mingw32msvc-gcc accepts -g... yes
| checking gcc version... 3
| checking how to run the C preprocessor... i586-mingw32msvc-gcc -E
| checking for malloc.h... yes
| checking for sys/ioccom.h... no
| checking for sys/sockio.h... no
| checking for ANSI ioctl definitions... no
| configure: error: see the INSTALL for more info

Method 2: Follow the file README.WINDOWS:

The nmake files seem to be outdated, maybe the README.WINDOWS
is unmaintained?
The following output is german, sorry. Actually most
files to delete are not found and libpeks (whatever that might be)
is missing.

| C:\BOSS\Nessus\nessus-libraries-win>nmake.bat distclean
| C:\BOSS\Nessus\nessus-libraries-win>nmake.exe /nologo /f nmake.w32 distclean
| del nessus.map
| C:\BOSS\Nessus\nessus-libraries-win\nessus.map konnte nicht gefunden werden
| del nessus.exp
| C:\BOSS\Nessus\nessus-libraries-win\nessus.exp konnte nicht gefunden werden
| del *.obj
| C:\BOSS\Nessus\nessus-libraries-win\*.obj konnte nicht gefunden werden del include\peks\*.w32
| Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
| del nessus.dll
| C:\BOSS\Nessus\nessus-libraries-win\nessus.dll konnte nicht gefunden werden
| del nessus.lib
| C:\BOSS\Nessus\nessus-libraries-win\nessus.lib konnte nicht gefunden werden
| rmdir include\peks
| Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
| cd libpeks
| NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : Rueckgabe-Code '0x1'
| Stop.

Well, this one doesn't work either:

| C:\BOSS\Nessus\nessus-libraries-win>nmake.exe /nologo /f nmake.w32 all
| .
| -------------------------------------------
| You probably forgot to prepare this package
| on a Unix machine unsing "make win32"
| -------------------------------------------
| .
| aborting ...

Method 3: Cygwin environment:

Again problems with pcap, but this time libwcap is search for
allthough I explicitely told nessus to use its own. Hm.

| $ ./configure --enable-nessuspcap
| checking for yylex in -lfl... no
| checking for lex_init in -ll... no
| checking for lex_init in -lfl... no
| checking for -lwpcap... no
| configure: error: Your system lacks the libwpcap

Best

Jan
--
Jan-Oliver Wagner http://intevation.de/~jan/