Mailing List Archive

Re: UTF recoding
On Thu Sep 23 2004 at 18:49, Max Kosmach wrote:

> Can You add UTF8,UTF16,UTF32 recoding function?

OK, but what would be the target encoding system? ISO-LATIN-1?

> without this (and without another fixes) nessus do not work well with
> russian version of windows (with russian names of users, shares,
> etc...)

What do you mean? The displayed share names are broken?
Re: UTF recoding [ In reply to ]
Michel Arboi wrote:
> On Thu Sep 23 2004 at 18:49, Max Kosmach wrote:
>

>>Can You add UTF8,UTF16,UTF32 recoding function?
>

> OK, but what would be the target encoding system? ISO-LATIN-1?
For now UTF-7 <> UTF-8 <> UTF16 <> UTF-32 recoding will be enough

Later maybe iconv will be better

>>without this (and without another fixes) nessus do not work well with
>>russian version of windows (with russian names of users, shares,
>>etc...)
>

> What do you mean? The displayed share names are broken?
yes
and I think, that some errors in log have been caused by wrong recoding
russian names/etc from UTF* to latin-1.

--
With Best Wishes
Max