Jan-Oliver Wagner http://intevation.de/~jan/

Intevation GmbH http://intevation.de/
FreeGIS http://freegis.org/
Re: Final demo for new GUI design [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 05:06:37PM +0200, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> I just uploaded version 1.0 of the demo for a new GUI design of
> the nessus client.
>
> http://ftp.intevation.de/boss/boss-gui/
>
> There wasn't much feedback so far, so I guess all is perfect ;-)

I've added some screenshots:

Englisch: http://ftp.intevation.de/boss/boss-gui/screenshots/en/
German: http://ftp.intevation.de/boss/boss-gui/screenshots/de/

However, they only give a static view ...

Best

Jan

RE: Final demo for new GUI design [ In reply to ]
Hi Jan,
The screens look great. However, some thing which we have often
encountered is
the ease of use in enabling , disabling plugins,
Getting an overview of plugins which are disabled.
Also show all plugins which have dependencies with a flag besides it
a separate flag to indicate that the plugin is harmful.

Thanks.

------------
Not in the clamor of the crowded street, Not in the shouts and plaudits
of the throng, But in ourselves, are triumph and defeat

Re: Final demo for new GUI design [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 11:05:37AM -0700, Biswas, Proneet wrote:
> The screens look great. However, some thing which we have often
> encountered is
> the ease of use in enabling , disabling plugins,
> Getting an overview of plugins which are disabled.
> Also show all plugins which have dependencies with a flag besides it
> a separate flag to indicate that the plugin is harmful.

thanks for the hint! We will consider this remark for the plugin
selection box. It is probably a good idea to make this widget
a very intelligent one.

Best

Jan

Re: Final demo for new GUI design [ In reply to ]
One feature I'd fine very useful would be the ability to export the
generated file. It is often useful to generate the plugin configuration
on a different host to the one that performs the scan.

Cheers

Rich.
--
Richard Moore, Principle Software Engineer,
Westpoint Ltd,