Sincerely,
Khurt Williams, MSEng '94
http://infosec.blogsite.org
Re: SSH Option not showin in GUI [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 10:44:56PM -0400, Khurt Williams wrote:
> I downloaded and compiled the development version to test the local
> security checks. Nessus compiles and the server runs correctly.
> However, I do not see the SSH options in the GUI. I followed the
> installation instructions on
> http://nessus.org/doc/nessus_ssh_local.html. I already had an SSH key
> which was already in the authorised_keys file of the test machine.

Are you sure you installed Nessus 2.1.1 ? What do 'nessusd -d' show to
you ?
Re: SSH Option not showin in GUI [ In reply to ]
Sorry. I should have posted to the list.

[root@percolator root]# /usr/local/nessus_test/sbin/nessusd -v
nessusd (Nessus) 2.1.1 for Linux
(C) 1998 - 2004 Renaud Deraison <deraison@nessus.org>

I downloaded and ran the nessus_installed.sh shell script. Do I need
to download the tar balls and explicitly configure with OpenSSL?

I have

[root@percolator root]# /usr/bin/openssl version
OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003

[root@percolator root]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang)

--
Sincerely,
Khurt Williams, MSEng '94
Re: SSH Option not showin in GUI [ In reply to ]
To get this to work right on Fedora I believe I had to install the
openssl-devel package which I'm pretty sure isn't installed by default.

Hope this helps,

Dave King
http://www.thesecure.net/

Re: SSH Option not showin in GUI [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Khurt Williams wrote:

> [root@percolator root]# /usr/local/nessus_test/sbin/nessusd -v
> nessusd (Nessus) 2.1.1 for Linux
> (C) 1998 - 2004 Renaud Deraison <deraison@nessus.org>
>
> I downloaded and ran the nessus_installed.sh shell script. Do I need
> to download the tar balls and explicitly configure with OpenSSL?

What part did you install of OpenSSL?

Check with `rpm -qa|grep openssl` to check you have the development stuff.

Hugo.

hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/
for they are subtle and quick to anger.